Founded in 1982 in San Francisco, California, Michael Dunev Art Projects has, since its inception, followed an exhibition programme dedicated to an international art of conscience with profound emotional content and lasting aesthetic value that transcends fashions and trends or regional politics.
In 1999 the gallery moved to the Baix Empordà on the Costa Brava, creating a centre for contemporary art in a restored 17th century house in the mediaeval village of Torroella de Montgrí, Catalonia, where it established a lasting reputation for showing outstanding works by mid-career and established artists, both Spanish and international, as well as a comprehensive art advisory service including:
· Assistance in the acquisition, commission and sale of artworks
· Art registry, database management and inventory control
· Photography and creation of catalogues
· Restoration and conservation of artworks
· Framing, installation and lighting
· Crating, shipping and insurance
On 1 September 2017, after 35 years of hosting exhibitions, the gallery closed its doors.